Date:Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017 from 6 to 8 PM
Tuition: Dentists: $75, DH: $50,
Course Title: Material Selection in the 21st Century Esthetic Dental Practice
Today’s dental patient arrives at our office expecting that any dentistry completed will be esthetic and natural in appearance. Critical to the success of any esthetic dental treatment is the appropriate selection of the proper restorative material. Selection of the best restorative material not only involves the potential for optimal optical properties but also requires an analysis of biologic and functional criteria. This lecture will illustrate how the dentist-laboratory technician restorative team of the 21st century will utilize the newest materials (including CAD/CAM materials) and techniques to create dental restorations of the highest order. In a world where information is expanding at an exponential rate, it is critically important for the restorative team to have a decision tree at their disposal for choosing the best material for a given situation.
1. How to select the best indirect restorative material for a given situation in order to satisfy objectives of optimal esthetics, satisfactory strength requirements and biologic compatibility.
2. Utilization of treatment objectives in order to choose the proper bonding application for a given situation.
3. Discover when and where CAD-CAM materials can be utilized in a superior manner over traditional restorative choices.
4. Learn how new, patented composite technologies have transformed the optimal posterior direct composite protocol.
5. Update of implant-supported prosthodontic options from single-tooth restorations to full-mouth fixed and removable treatment solutions.
Speaker: Michael R. Sesemann, DDS
Michael R. Sesemann, DDS, is a general, cosmetic, comprehensive and restorative dentist who has been in private practice since 1981. He is recognized industrywide for his range of dental skills — but patients know him for his ability to listen and translate their desires and concerns into smiles that are as functional as they are attractive.
In addition to operating a full-time dental practice, Dr. Sesemann is involved in many professional endeavors. He was elected as the 2009-10 president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, inducted into the select American Academy of Restorative Dentistry, appointed to the faculties of continuing education institutes and placed on the editorial board of various industry publications. He also lectures on a national and international basis.