An Institute for International Dentists
At Metro West Orthodontics & Periodontics, we stay on the forefront of education and innovation in the dental industry. The mission of the Perio Health Institute of Japan (PHIJ) is to unite international dentists and provide excellent dental education programs in Japan, Houston, and Omaha. This effort will support ongoing clinical research training with science-based dental education.
Our commitment to the student members of PHIJ is to lead, motivate and engage them as we work together to create a superior educational environment striving for excellence. Our ultimate goals for this institute are:
- To provide the students of the PHIJ with a high-quality education in the dental field
- To cultivate the students’ abilities to provide state-of-the-art periodontal treatment to their patients in a friendly and professional atmosphere
- To become a world class educational institution in the field of Periodontics recognized in the Asia-Pacific region
- Strive for collective collaboration as we address curriculum and educational standards
- Provide research programs
- Strive for excellence in clinical instruction and management of the patients who entrust their oral healthcare to our students and faculties
- Create a humanistic and collegial environment for students, as well as a more attractive and efficient workplace
- Improve globalization, community service, ethics, and professionalism in the dental industry
Program Directors: Dr. Michael McGuire, Dr. Takanari Miyamoto, Dr. Teppei Tsukiyama, Dr. E. Todd Scheyer
The doctors at Metro West Orthodontics & Periodontics are leaders in the dental industry. Our mission is to unite international dentists and continue ongoing clinical education and research through the Perio Health Institute of Japan. Want to learn more? Contact our team today to get your questions answered.