There are two myths usually associated with braces:
- They’re only for kids
- They only straighten teeth to make your smile look better
In actuality, braces have many more reasons than cosmetic and are a vital solution for adults with certain dental problems.
Whether you’re 16 or 60, it’s important to have teeth that are both beautiful and functional.
Here are the top 10 reasons why braces may be a great choice for you or your child:
- It’s more affordable than ever – More efficient technology means more affordable technology. Braces today are financially obtainable, often covered by insurance and have payment plan options. Also, as an adult, you might find that you can afford braces while your parents couldn’t when you were a child.
- They fix overbites and underbites – These types of bites cause a variety of jaw, face and dental issues, but braces can fix them (especially at an early age) and provide a healthy bite.
- There are discreet options available – Have a job interview coming up? A senior photo shoot? Braces are more concealable than ever, as there are interior, thin and invisible options.
- They prevent future dental issues – The earlier you get braces in life, the earlier you can prevent facial imbalances later in life. Not only do braces help develop a straight, beautiful smile, they help prevent cavities and gum disease caused by the difficulty in caring for crooked teeth.
- You can correct jaw disorders – Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ) can cause severe pain and bite problems and usually pop up later in life. Adults braces are often vital in combating the symptoms of TMJ and other jaw disorders.
- They help avoid other health issues – Believe it or not, healthy, straight teeth affect more than just your mouth. Periodontal disease can potentially affect both your heart and your brain’s health, but braces help your teeth avoid the bacteria that causes it.
- You can avoid sleep issues – Braces can improve breathing in both children and adult, which helps avoid dangerous sleep apnea.
- Advanced technology – Thanks to research and advancements, there are a variety of orthodontics options for practically everyone. That means your dentist or orthodontist can give you a more personalized consultation than previously possible.
- Straighter teeth – Straight teeth are visually appealing, but have a huge number of other benefits, some of them being improved chewing ability, better speech and better hygiene.
- A gorgeous smile – The common sense reason, braces give you confidence in your smile again, meaning you’ll have a better social life, a better chance at job interviews and overall physical and emotional health.
When it comes to braces, it’s not just cosmetic. For a beautiful and functional smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Kim today.
Now taking new orthodontic patients from La Vista, Omaha, Papillion and Sarpy County.